Monday, March 8, 2010

Mar 1-6, 2010

So I've been doing a really bad job of keeping up with the blogging portion of my Lenten practice. Luckily, I've been doing a much better job of keeping up with the actual practice. Part of why I didn't blog last week was because I was working on finishing a project I started on Monday. But I think there is a deeper reason why I keep forgetting the blog. When I first started this practice, each day's "giving" was a very specifically planned event. It was kind of a big deal. But as the days have gone on, it feels like the practice is becoming habit. Instead of focusing specifically each day on what I am going to do, I have a list in my head of things I can do and easily make time for one each day. I'm also finding some opportunities that organically come up as I go through my day.

So here's a quick summary of what I did last week:

Mar 1
Eco-crafting (sweater bags) - While I am focusing primarily on connecting with people, I do think it's important to look for ways to help the environment as well. So today I started working on turning an old sweater into a purse. 

Mar 2
I sent flowers to my Grandma H, who is in rehab right now recovering from breaking her leg. She has been there for about 5 weeks now. I know she received a lot of cards and flowers. But after being there for a while and since she is making such amazing progress, I wanted to send her a little bundle of sunshine. She should receive them next Monday.

Mar 3
Today I finally packed up the clothes, shoes, etc. I have been collecting to give away and dropped them off for Goodwill.

Mar 4
Tonight I helped teach a child development class for clients at Bethany House. I got to hang out with some of the kids and then worked with their mothers. I really enjoyed being able to share my knowledge about child development and ways to support and encourage growth. And best of all, they really enjoyed the class!

Mar 5
Today I filled out the agreement information for the Barnabas Pen Pal program and agreed to take two pen pals. I am really excited to actually get started on this!

Mar 6
Today I was out shopping with a friend and stumbled upon a silly little trinket that made me think of a really good friend I don't see or talk to enough. So I picked it up and will send it to her with a little note. :)

So we'll see if next week I can try to get back to daily blogging. :)

No comments: