Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Feb 17, 2010

Today I started my Lenten practice by doing one of the suggestions from the "Lent Experiment" on Facebook, taking a cup of tea to someone. So I made a cup of my favorite tea (Green Honey Chamomile) and took it next door to my neighbor. Her house has been having a hard time with all of the snow and ice, so I thought she could use a relaxing cup of tea.

The best part happened after I brought the tea over. She invited me in and we sat and talked while she drank it. I played with her kids, braided her daughter's hair, and just generally enjoyed time with the family. It was a nice break for both of us.

I also contacted The Lamb Center to inquire about volunteer opportunities. Hopefully I will hear back from them soon about ways I can support their work.


No comments: